Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PIMG- Receptionist to Unity with Direct Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdrew

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
If a call is redirected from an Avaya PBX into Unity because of a Ring No Answer or Busy (via a PIMG) everything works fine. However, when a receptionist answers a call and transfers to voicemail the Open Greeting plays on Unity. Is there a way to allow receptionists to transfer from the Avaya into a Unity mailbox?

If she transfers to the phone first does it go to the correct mailbox?

How does she transfer directly to voice mail? I am guessing the way she transfers does not pass the proper info to unity via the PIMG.

Right now there is no way to do it. She does not have the ability. If she does a manual forward to the voicemail pilot Unity thinks the call is direct and plays the Opening Greeting, as opposed to a redirected call which would prompt to leave a message.

I don't know how to do it the Avaya world (i'm sure it can be done) but this is how it's done in call manager:
Create a new vm pilot and and make it *XXXX (XXXX represents the internal length of DN). You can replace the * with whatever digit you like.
Then mask the vm pilot external mask to XXXX so it ignores the *.

The receptionist can then transfer to *1234 and it should go directly to the users 1234 mailbox.

Thank you for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back