Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures won't display after Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHG

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2000
US
Greetings,
I recently updated my Windows 2000 with the automatic
update. Ever since pictures no longer show up under IE
unless I right click and say show pictures over every
placeholder. I checked the tools,Advanced and the show
pictures button is checked.
Thanks - GG

Make sure the Security Settings allow scripting...check the box in Advanced that clears the cache when shut down...and clear it manually. (Tools/InternetOptions/General Tab...delete files.)
Set the max cache at 80 to 90 MB.
Then try it.
(as an aside, Norton Security Program has been said to cause it)

Soon as I posted I remembered seeing a little red circle with a line thru it, lower right hand corner of the status bar...your browser needs to accept cookies...if it doesn't you get the red circle.
I always check enable 1st party cookies and session cookies...reject 3rd party cookies.
Rejecting them is like going to the Union Mission.
"No sermon, no soup!"

Greetings gargouille,
Thanks for the quick response.
I have done all the steps you recommend.
Just after I did my last windows update the browser no longer would display pictures. However when you right click on the place holder and select 'Show Picture' the picture in the selected place holder will display. I've been poking around IExplorer support sites and have learned that there is a problem with pictures and seems to have something to do with the latest version of Java scripting and IE6 sp1.
Thanks - GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back