Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures will not Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1952

Instructor
Sep 24, 2006
US
I have converted a file from Pagemaker 6.5 to InDesign. I replaced the pictures which were in the original file with new pictures ( which I placed from My Pictures file.) However the pictures will not print. In my other In Design files, I have not had this problem. But when I placed these pictures in a new file, they will not print either. Any suggestions

Teh linsk are probably bad, not sure if you relinked everything after doing the substitutions. The Links window should show problems with any files if they were moved or edited. Easiest check is to preflight (file menu) to see if there are problems

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

In indesign the images won't print if in the print dialog box the "graphics" section has them turned off.

If you go to your print dialog box, then click on the graphics listing on the left...you should than see the settings on the right. Make sure the "images" setting is set to all. That should work.

I do not know how to locate the links palette.

I have done a new file and am having the same problem. Would it be beneficial to remove and redownload the program.

Graphics are turned on

Make sure you do not have "non printing" clicked in your attributes palette either.

Nonprinting is not clicked. When I went to school and used the InDesign program there, the links pallette came up, I was able to link to the pictures on my stick drive and it printd beautifully. It is my the program I purchased and am using, but it did not do this before I placed it on my new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back