Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pictures on a Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

labninja

MIS
Jan 18, 2000
ZA
I would like to add a picture on a report and then change it dynamically via code (VB6). What I mean is, imagine you have a database containing people, as well as a filename to a picture of each. Then you want to print a report with a picture on, which should change depending on the person. Anybody with some ideas?

I have the very same question as labninja. In my case I am printing instructions for a manufacturing shop using 8.5. I want to add an illustration to each page. The illustrations can be stored in any format but must be dynamicallly selected at run time to match a specific part.

Does Crystal Reports have such a capability?
John Kisner

The best way is to store the images in a DB table. An OLE field works fine.

Do a report off the Employee table in the Xtreme sample DB that is included with the CR install to see an example. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thank you for your responses. I actually found a VB 6, Crystal 8.5 sample application, which does exactly what I wanted! Let me know, if you want me to forward it to you. Take it easy!

For others of you looking at this same issue, you have to use the RDC to integrate your report, and you have to make the RPT into a DSR object in the project. That is the only way to get access to the section event that allows the object path to change on the fly. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Hi Kenhamady - sounds like you know what you are talking about, 'cause that was exactly what solved it for me! You don't perhaps know how to fix the exporting of these documents to either Word or PDF - the pictures all shows as the first picture, although it previews fine withing Crystal. Thanks

Never tried that, but if you find the solution, post it here. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back