Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture Verification for Malicious Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnywah

Programmer
Feb 7, 2004
US
Hello,

I am trying to implement some kind of Picture / Code Verification so malicious users cannot spam our system.

An example of what I am trying to set up can be found at:

You enter a domain name and click "Go". You then have to type in the number ("Access Code") in the text box. This "access code" changes all the time. Does anyone know how I can set this up or buy a 3rd party software for this?

Please help. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

HI,
all you need to do is add two fields. one would hold access code and the otherone pointer to access code image or the image itself.

like:

ACode AImage

12345 pointer to image have
45376 pointer to image 45376

or you can actually hold the image in AImage column by having a datatype of binary / varbinary.

B.R,
miq

Is there a third party tool that I can buy? I do not have these images.

What you are looking for are security tools that are synched on the server end with a tool that the users carry around with them. Google RSA and SecureID. That should point you in the correct direction.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
Beware the error of pre-emptive poultry inventory!

I didn't find the information I need from a Google RSA and SecureId search. Has anyone used a 3rd party tool that they could recommend? Please help.

I think miq's solution is the way to go, you don't need third party product for this, just figure out
how to fetch the image from SQL server and display it on the web page, then verify the user input with
the image id stored in the database. It looks like not very hard to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back