Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picture is perfect ---------- audio crackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfuk2005

Technical User
Sep 21, 2005
GB
Hi I recorded some important material on a hired DCR-VX2100 and now im trying to transfer the material from the mini DV tape on my Samsung VP-D101 via adobe premiere 6.0

But I have a problem with the audio the picture is fine and the audio is in sync but it is jumpy. (If that makes sense) The sound cuts out then comes back or just crackles. I have tried to transfer the video file again and again but still get the same out come though in different places. Any ideas?

BTW: When I play the tape on my VP-D101 the sound through the camera is perfect.

Thank you for all the help

Hi Wolf,

Maybe the problem is in the transfer, try changeing your USB or Firewire.if that doesnt work try defragging your computer.

hope this helped
Chonkey

No Ticket

The problem you describe suggests that Premiere 6 may be trying to change the sampling rate of the audio during playback. The default audio setting is for speed, not quality, and can give the effect you describe.

Check the audio sampling rate on your source footage and make sure that the project audio settings are set to match.

On the other hand, if playing the clips in the source window also shows audio degradation, then maybe there is an issue with the DV output from your source deck?

If not already installed, you should also get the free upgrade to 6,01 (or 6.02 for XP if 6.01 doesn't run properly). This fixes a number of bugs that are not immediately obvious, but worth avoiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back