Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picking up a call that has gone to Audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkurcon

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2005
US
Hello,

We just upgraded to a new G3 R012i two weeks ago. Previously, if a call came in, it would light up the first available call appearance, and after 4 rings it would go to voicemail while keeping that call appearance lit. If I picked up that call appearance I could then take the call and press **9 to end the voicemail session. With the new switch it goes straight to vociemail with no way to take the call. Any ideas on how I can get this working the old way? Thanks.

I have it working this way now (after an upgrade) if anyone knows how to get not to work please let me know... everyone keeps picking up the call that is going to vm.

RTMCKEE

The feature is activated by typing: change sys cov

Type that in using ASA or a Terminal. you'll see an option for that there.

That's where the Business Partner tech was in, but didn't have any luck. Can you tell me which option in particular and what it needs to be set to? Thanks.

Here is how my screen reads:

Voice System name: Definity - SYSTEM PARAMETERS CALL COVERAGE / CALL FORWARDING

CALL COVERAGE/FORWARDING PARAMETERS

Local Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings): 2
Off-Net Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings): 2
Coverage - Caller Response Interval (seconds): 4
Threshold for Blocking Off-Net Redirection of Incoming Trunk Calls: 1

COVERAGE
Keep Held SBA at Coverage Point? y
External Coverage Treatment for Transferred Incoming Trunk Calls? n
Immediate Redirection on Receipt of PROGRESS Inband Information? n
Maintain SBA At Principal? y

Station Hunt Before Coverage? n

FORWARDING
Call Forward Override? n
Coverage After Forwarding? y

SYSTEM PARAMETERS CALL COVERAGE / CALL FORWARDING

COVERAGE OF CALLS REDIRECTED OFF-NET (CCRON)

Coverage Of Calls Redirected Off-Net Enabled? n

Any idea?

It seems to me that it is the 'Keep Held SBA at Coverage Point?' that is on this page now, but was on 'change system features' on older software.

Da-vi'do

P.S. For the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u. Please leave a post on how u fixed the problem too.

Sorry, I'm new to the world of telecomm. I'm good with networking, but still learning this stuff.

I'm kind of lost in the acronym-soup of Avaya, so I'm a little confused as to what "type" is and what "version" is. I've seen Definity, CM2, and S8700 all thrown around in reference to the system we just installed. When I log in to a new terminal it displays: System: G3csiV12, Software Version: R012i.01.1.414.1. Voicemail is Intuity Audix LX R1.1.

I have got exactly the same problem on my ACM 1.3.2 system. When we moved from v9.5 we moved from internal definity AUDIX to external Intuity LX. Could this be the cause of the problem?
My setup appears to be pretty much the same:-
SYSTEM PARAMETERS CALL COVERAGE / CALL FORWARDING

COVERAGE
QSIG VALU Coverage Overrides QSIG Diversion with Rerouting? n

FORWARDING
Call Forward Override? n

I beleve that the issue is how the VM is connected to the PBX. All my VM's were connected VIA links and data modules digitaly. In this configuration the call leaves the set and maintain SBA at principal makes no difference, the call goes. However if the VM is conected via Mode Code the calls are able to be "pulled back" from Voicemail.

Hope this makes sense
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

According to documentation supplied with Intuity AUDIX,
the feature Call Screening/Bridging is not available nor via LAN integration, not via Mode Code (i.e. not at all).
This is a feature of integrated DEFINITY AUDIX in DP mode.
I've already tried this and even don't know what to say to my customer.

I was able to "pull back" a call when the members of the Mode code hunt group was defined as 2500 in the set type.

I changed them to VMI and no longer could pull the call back

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Okay... did some testing this morning. I have currnetly have:

COVERAGE
QSIG VALU Coverage Overrides QSIG Diversion with Rerouting? n

FORWARDING
Call Forward Override? n

And the call stays on the phone set when it goes to VM. I chagned Maintain SBA at Principal to N and the call when to vm.

The **9 code does not work for me, but I figure that is a FAC code?

gkurcon - you have cm2.1.1 the CM/S8700 are pretty much used interchangably. CM is the load of software, once you get into v 11XXX3 something you are running cm 1.1.3, I belive you can run that on either the G3 platform (on-system procssor) or the s8700 platform (server based processing) Avaya tried to fansy up there old Version based naming convension to CMXXX basically you still have the same software version 12 running on the server based platform.

RTMCKEE

p.s. I have Avaya Modular Messaging 1.1 directly connected to a G650 gateway via 4wire digital ports.

RTMCKEE

It seems to me that we are set up for LAN integration. As Ed mentioned above, I think this prohibits the system from keeping a SBA once it has been connected to Audix. I'm not excited about the idea that I would have to change this integration to get it to work, so I'll admit defeat on this one. No one has complained about this yet anyhow. On to my other issues like EC500 and conference bridging. Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back