Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Picking a line using feature codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltownguy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2013
US
I have a Nortel IP phone deployed in a warehouse - it's a 1210 with very few LCD lines. I'd like to try an provide the guys a feature code that they can use to pick an outside line when they need to make phone calls.

The physical lines set up on our system are:

061 - Line 1
065 - Line 2
066 - Line 3
067 - Line 4
068 - Line 5
073 - Line 6
074 - Line 7
075 - Line 8

How can they pick up their receiver and dial a code to grab an available line?

Thanks!

Put all lines in Pool A
Create a Route (001), Tell it to use Pool A
Create a Dest code (such as 9) and tell it to use Route 001

From any phone you Intercom 9 to grab a line from the bottom of the pool and dial away.

It is normal to use this setup when you have 7 to 8 or more lines and reception (or others) use "Park" instead of "Hold"

i.e. reception parks a call using Feature 74, it says "parked on 101" on the screen, reception now pages "IT guy 101"
IT guy Intercoms 101 from any phone to retrieve the call.

This is know as "Park and Page"
The difference is you remove all lines from all sets and replace them with needed features (recommend 2 Intercom keys in this case)
You can leave the lines at receptio0n set or remove them and assign 3 or 4 Intercom keys to handle any volume.
For troubleshooting it's best those lines stay on reception set in case one of them goes dead, you will know which one.

Add me to LinkedIN

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back