Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pick Up Groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
I've built a Pick Up Group with what I believe to be the correct partition, and have used the soft key for pick up while the other telephone is ringing and it will not grab the call and bring it to my telephone? This is a simple concept on most PBXs, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

"Adversity is Opportunity

You have to assign the pickup group under line settings for both phones. Example pickup group #1 must be assigned to the line of both phones before the pick-up feature can work. Try that and then simulate the test again.

This optie as bv25 describes is found at the directory number, just under the forward settings

Thanks. Once I made the alert for the pickup group have an audio and visual alert and then made sure the user accessed dial tone pressed MORE, then pressed PICKUP, then pressed ANSWER it worked. Not the most user friendly pick up I've seen, but it is functional.

"Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back