Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pick up ACD calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombaytelecom

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
GB
Hi,

When our call centre gets busy our back office staff are able to login into their phones to pick up calls. however sometimes they are not always at their desks, and to ensure we maximise cover we would like to allow the pickup of ACD calls.

Is this possible and if so what features do i need to enable?

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5
NICE Dictaphone Recording

You can not use call pickup on acd calls. You may be able to do something in scripting if you have symposium or contact center. If not you might try using an overflow functiion in the ACD programming ld 23. Not an expert in Symposium or CC.

TelcomII is right but even with Symposium you could route to other numbers or Basic ACD you could only route to one other number. But the bottom line is that if agent is not at their phone they would be unable to take call. The other option would be to route to a mailbox for leaving a message requesting a callback.

You will have to consider carefully what you want to do..... and how to implement it.

You say "pick up acd calls"..... think on it.... the call waits IN the queue until presented to an agent. If your back office staff are not present and logged in, how will a call get presented to them, let alone picked up?

As stated above there is no "pickup" (GPU/DPU) of an ACD call, so your options may be very limited.

For basic ACD

IF you use some form of overflow or interflow, this can only be to another active ACD (meaning someone logged in).

NCFW will only work when there are no agents logged in.... not an option when all agents are busy.

Answer..... more tails on seats answering calls

IF you have Symposium, you can route calls out, give announcements etc, which becomes a temporary solution, but really, if the grade of service is low enough to be causing concern...... more tails on seats answering is the only answer!

Thank you all for backing up what i have been trying to tell the call centre manager.

i can now go back with this as well as the same information from our vendor and explain that their lazy agents will have to go not ready or log out or they will have to get more bums on seats!

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5
NICE Dictaphone Recording

I have implemented callpick up for an ACD Queue in the past.
I created a overflow queue, with one analogue agent, to this analogue port a night bell was connected. The main ACD queue calls time overflowed to the 'analogue' queue and rang the night bell, it was then possible to pick up the night bell. You need to ensure the nightbell is logged in at all times.Its not perfect, but it kept my customer happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back