Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

physical location via loop name???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomeguy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2004
US
We moved around a couple cards during a swap I think 1 of the pri/720 cards is not in the right location...Is there a way to find physical location based on loop number??

I feel dumb asking this question to many people moving to fast makes terrible soup..;-)

Its called loop 27 there are only 2 cards in that cabinate both 720's Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner..No computer weekend..;-)

Group 0 Shelf 1 is slots 16 thru 31 with Superloop possibilities of 16,20,24,28. if your shelf is labeled with SLP on the bottom the 3rd SLP label right side is slot 26/27. Follow me?

Mato' Was'aka

is it red? upplug it and watch the screen

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

A QPC720 doesn't really care where it is as long as it's in a common equipment (network) shelf for power.
Sounds like the shelf where your 720 cards reside is simply for supplying power to those 720's. So it really doesn't matter which slots they are in.
There is a prompt DTIC in the CEQU (print in LD 22) that was used to identify the physical location of QPC720 cards but it was really only a placeholder to show that the slots were unavailable for other cards like another QPC414.

Acctually it works in slots 5/6 and 6/7 Thats why I was confused??? Its located in group 2 shelf 0. I've had alot of frame slips all over the switch from dead batteries and power failures burning up cards..I was timing off this loop but rewired and programed off another loop. 27 takes hits but we don't pass data across it so the customer doesn't notice the problem. I'm getting a new switch this week so I guess in the long run, I doesn't really matter..:) Thanx guys your always there when I need it...Hell I'm starting to feel like a phone guy..:)

the qpc 720 card doesn't card what network slot you put it in because it gets it adress from the net card (i think its a qpc414) its cabled to, the card slot only powers the qpc720

Thanks,

Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back