Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Physical button problem on mitel phones series 53xx when answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesus.resilux

Programmer
Mar 1, 2022
ES
Hi everyone,

anyone knows if there is any solution for the physical problem on mitel phone for the series 53xx? The button is not released at all when you try to answer and due to this the call is nto answered until you manually release the button.

I think Mitel has solved this in newest phone series (6xxx), but as far as I know there is no workaround for old terminals.

Thanks in advance.

Jesus

Hi @jesus.resilux,

Hope you are doing well! Thanks for you responses. Sorry for the delay in responding - it's been a super busy week.

I think we are getting to the bottom of this. I agree with what has been said/suggested since your last response. I especially agree with @Valamagules - if this is one phone it's easily solved, if this is 80% of your phones - there is something else entirely wrong at play. I can't see how 80% of your phones have a broken hook-switch (the hook-switch is the button that the handset pressed down when you put the handset back in the cradle to hang-up). We have sold literally thousands of 5300 series phones - I have never seen one with a bad hook-switch, but I understand it's completely possible. With that said, I just can't see how it's possible you are having this issue on 80% of your phones - unless there is something specific to your environment (i.e., you are operating a food processing plant and there is dust, food particles, etc. in the air and it's getting into the phone), then I could see it... Something just isn't adding up here. Is it possible for you to take a picture of the faulty hook-switch and attach it here?

The only other thing I wanted to add is, the hook-switch (if pulled manually upwards), will come up further than it needs to, in order to operate. As an example, if you are on the phone talking and you pull the hook-switch upwards, it will come up a little bit further, but you don't need to pull it all the way up in order for it to operate properly.

Let us know - we are here.

Have a good weekend!

Hi

We are working to fix this, by making fixed the hook-switch fix to one side.
As soon as we have made this modification I will try to upload pictures of both phones. The one modified and the one which has not been tocuh.

Thanks for all of your answers.

Jesus

Hi Jesus

Who have answered my initial question, which is how many phones are having this issue?

Thanks

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Hi Valamagules

We have 50 phones. I could say that 80% or even more have this issue.

Thanks

Jesus

I see…now that raises a few questions.
Just tying to help here :)

How long have they been this way? Are they new phones or refurbished ? Have they been this way from day 1?

If they are new phones, then I would say you have a bad batch, please organise a return.

If they were working ok and then just had this fault recently, I would suggest checking warranty. I would also check if anything in the air or environment (like dust) that is contributing to this.

As this is hardware related, no amount of the config changes will help unfortunately.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Hi Valamagules

No the phones were all new. They are between 10 and 12 years old.
This happens after poeple started to work from home during the lockdown. It was a period of time where the phones were not used.
These phones are used in offices, and this environment is quite clean. Of course there is dust, like in any place but not toow much.

Thanks

Jesus

I didn't see a response on running the Locate Feature Extension on one of the phones having an issue.
If this was not the case before work from home I can't see so many just randomly failing. The 5300 series phone, I've seen basically crushed and still working.

You also mentioned that there is no way to be wrong about the handset plugged into the headset port. That does not make a lot of sense as the two ports have identical connectors.

Hi Alphaman,

Thanks for your answer. if you connect the cable of the hand-set in the connector for the head-set you can pick up the hand set, but you cannot hear anything. So this is not the case, my collegues when the take the phone can hear.

Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back