Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phybridge Uniphyer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrytcp

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
GB
Has anybody got experience of the uniphyer with respect to Mitel 3300. This system actually gives you IPtelephony capabilities over legacy 2 wire cabling over 1200 feet.

Yep, I have one installed and working, works great, but a little expensive.

The hardware you have is the UniPhyer which connects onto the LAN along with the Amphenol cable connecting to the CW1308 frame. Then on the far end you have a PhyAdapter which has two connections, an RJ11 which connects back to the CW1308 and a RJ45,which connects to the IP phone.

What is also good about the UniPhyer, is that is can be fibre distributed.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

We have been using them for quite a while. They are pretty much plug and play. The less you try to change in them the better off you are. We have had some extraordinary positive results with this product.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Agree with posts above. Works a treat but has a realtively high cost. Not worth it for small implementations unless customer desperate.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

The price of the Phybridge solution has come down significantly in the last 3 months. You can now purchase the units for under $110 per port and even less for big volumes.
Voice with Data is still a better investment than Voice on Data and it future proofs your network!

i.e what do you mean by "Voice with data" as opposed to "Voice on Data"?

I think you mean you can give a customer both VoIP and data on their existing Cat 3 with your product which could be a substantial savings IF they don't already have a data network.

If you compare your product to having to replace their existing layer 2 and 3 switches if they are too old for VoIP snd having to run a bunch of Cat 5 I would agree as well.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

I think that just about sums it up.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back