Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phpmailer Bcc Without actually sending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elliott3

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
CA
Does anyone know if you can send an email with Bcc or Cc but only have it actually email the To recipient? So that when the To recipient receives the email it will appear as though other people have also received the mail?

Any idea if this is possible?

CES

It's not up to PHP to control that, it's up to your MTA and the recieving MTA.

You're just all about spoofing email, aren't you. I'd suggest reading the mail transport RFCs.

Thanks, I will check that out. But for the record I amnot just trying to spoof emails in an inappropriate way. I am migrating from a mail client called Calypso that is unable to be imported into Outlook. So I am writing a program to read all the emails and resend them but of course I don't want the Bcc and Cc to be resent.

CES

In the program your writing can you just strip out the CC and BCC headers ?

I can parse out the original Cc and Bcc but I would like to be able to pass them along to the person named in the To:. And not have it resent to the Cc and Bcc.

Any ideas?

CES

if you can parse them out, then why not attach them to the 'To' address to have it send to all the required parties?

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat

I am only migrating our clients to Outlook from a email client that cannot be imported into Outlook so I am writing a script that will resend the emails... however I do ant the client to see the Bcc and Cc but I cannot resend to these people. Some of these emails will be quit old and we are looking at an avaerage of 1000 emails per user.

CES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back