Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Version 4.2.1 session problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixcain

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
PA
hello friends i got one little problem here :(, how can i change the path of my session.save_path, by default the path is:/temp, y change the session.save_path = /temp, to session.save_path = c:/php/sessions, restart apache and nothing, right now im using PHP Version 4.2.1, i tried with wamp server and i could change the path without complications, but i need this version, so pleasee help me!! :( i need sessions!!! please help!!

my question is: how can i enabled session_path with php-4.2.1-Win32 + apache_1.3.24-win32 the default path is /tmp but when i run the applications says:

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_8f2b95ce218613dbd9229266d5cc2f15, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

i edit the php.ini like this:

; Argument passed to save_handler. In the case of files, this is the path
; where data files are stored. Note: Windows users have to change this
; variable in order to use PHP's session functions.
session.save_path = /tmp <--- this is where i have to change the path right? well

i type:
session.save_path = c:/php/sessions

and in my info().php says that the path still saying /tmp and not the path that i want, wish is c:/php/sessions, thats way the warnings.

Did you restart your web server after making the edits?

Sometimes there are multiple copies of php.ini on a system and the person edits the wrong copy of php.ini. Did you verify that you are editing the correct file? Create the script:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

on your server and point your browser to it. Then check that the setting "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" matches the php.ini you're editing.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

thanks for help, i solve my issues about sessions ^_^, just i copied all the content of the php.ini that have place in the path c:/php, then i paste in a new file, save the content in a new php.ini file and paste in
c:/windows, restart apache, refresh phpinfo.php and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back