Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP talking to Mainframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jestrada101

Technical User
Mar 28, 2003
Can anyone give me any feedback on prior experience with you all doing this? Performance, stability, etc?

Thanks!
JE

I'm not familiar with mainframes, so i'm trying to get feedback with someone who has talked directly to a mf. pulling records, etc from it.. is this what you want? have you don this?

You've barely narrowed the field. You want to pull records from what on the mainframe how?

Mainframes, for example, can run Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and other database systems. Are we talking about one of these?

Or are we talking about programmatically using some terminal emulator to get data out of a proprietary system?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

okay.. i wasn't aware that those db's could run on Mainframes... i was assuming they were all terminal screens..

on an IBM MVS system, it is possible to run Linux partitions, so it would act just like a server in your net.

Are you referring to "screen scraping" information from an emulated terminal-screen? PHP isn't the language I'd expect to be seeing at such a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back