Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Sofrware

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKingdom

Programmer
May 9, 2004
AE
hi ...

what is the best program that i can use to edit PHP pages (code and design)..

Thanks

Try looking here: faq434-4252. It has a list of all the member suggestions for editors

If it aint broke, redesign it!

Zend's offering is not listed on that FAQ. Although I find it a little slow (certainly on Mac OS X) I like the presentation, and the general "thinking" behind the app. Hard to describe exactly what I mean, but as there's a free trial available for it, you may as well give it a go:

It is a Commercial app and will set you back a couple hundred dollars though - but there again you get PHP for free;)

I was not at all a fan of the 2.x version... and I've been a pretty hard core emacs fun for awhile now... but I'm currently evaluating 3.5.2 and I'm more or less liking it. In other word's, I'm really annoyed at certain things I can't do that I could do, but otherwise I really like it... and as my projects are getting significantly more complex these days it's really helping.

csdeady:
I haven't intended the list in that FAQ to be exhaustive, but rather to be a list that were recommended by fellow TT members. I don't believe anyone ever recommended Zend Studio.

skiflyer, csdeady:
If either of you want to recommend Zend Studio, I'd be happy to include it in the FAQ.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

I'm only on day 5... I'll come back when my evaluation is up so I can make more useful commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back