Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP scripting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackers

ISP
May 6, 2002
US
I have a question,and can't seem to figure it out...I have stumbled upon this site... It lets you custom make your decal,for instance if I just want text,it lets me write the text,pick the color,outline,if any,etc..THEN it lets you preview it and tells you the cost,etc.Could someone please take a look at this site and tell me if this is some kind of php scripting to acquire such forms?They are so detailed!It's one thing to be able to plug in your information,but it's another to be able to preview whatever information you plug in AND get a price quote based on that info.TIA!![peace]

In Iexplore, right click, view source and see if there are any php pages referenced. ***************************************
Party on, dudes!
[cannon]

This is one reply I got...and it makes a little bit of sense,but I'm really new to all this PHP learning bit....I'm not really *grasping* the "easy" part!LOL Can someone please break this down for me????.....and can someone vere me in the right direction to learn this??It's pretty crucial that I do learn this behavior!!TIA!

reply was~
"very easy. they get the info from the select boxes and radio buttons and
then on the next page they just created an image as a png according to the
vlaues from the last page. so they are using imagecreate() in php and the gd"
library

OK learning wise, have some excellent tutorials on PHP from the ground up.
also there you will find tutorials on php-mysql database stuff, image creation and shopping carts among other stuff.
Its all easy to follow and you can copy and paste most of the tutorials to break it yourself. ***************************************
Party on, dudes!
[cannon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back