Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Pages Load as Blank in IE6

Status
Not open for further replies.

canguro

Programmer
Sep 15, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a problem that is driving me nuts and I hope someone might have an idea or suggestion to resolve it. Whenever I try to bring up any PHP-type pages on the Web they produce a blank screen (on the bottom it shows 'Done'). It's also possible that some other pages are doing the same thing, e.g., HTML-type pages, but I'm not certain.

My system features are:

a. Windows 2K
b. IE6, Version 6.0.28, SP1

I have tried various solutions, but I am not strong in this area, so I am hoping for assistance from anyone who might know what's going on. Here are things I have tried:

1. I did a 'Search' in this Forum using 'PHP Pages Not Loading' and I got 2 results but neither one seems to fit my problem.

2. I re-installed IE6. Did not help.

3. I removed Cookies and Cache in Internet Tools / Option. Did not help.

4. I tried using Firefox. No change.

5. I re-ran my antivirus and anti-spyware programs. No change.

6. I ran a 'cleanup' suite of tools called System Suite. Still no change.

At this point I am totally running out of ideas and becoming a little desperate. Many of these PHP pages are very important and I need to be able to bring them up.

Is it possible my computer need some type of in-built PHP interpreter, and that what I have could be corrupted?

I hope someone will offer some insight.

Many thanks to all.

Josef

PHP is a server side processing language. Have you tried these pages from another computer? Can you post a link to one of the problem pages?

smah,

In answer to your first question, I have tried these pages from another computer that I use occasionally, and I get the same result. I did try them on my laptop and they work --- for now.

About posting a link to one of the problem pages, I will see if I can do that.

I am also wondering if somehow something might have been corrupted on my 2 computers thru internet access. My laptop still can access PHP pages, but perhaps because I rarely access the Web.

Again, thanks for your help.

Josef

Well, if some machines work & other's don't it's time to start looking at the differences. My first inclination (especially when it happens with more than 1 browser) is something like a third-party firewall or other utility that might be blocking sessions or cookies. Of course, spyware and other malware could also be part of the problem.

smah,

You may be right about the possibility of spyware and malware. I also have wondered if it might have caused the problem. Can you suggest some very well respected software that I could use? Anything highly rated that I could download from the Web?

Thanks again.

Josef

There is pleny listed in the virus/spyware forum, take a look at the FAQ and browse around that forum... I'm sure you'll find something!

Let us know your results!

X

Here are a few, I think that there are others since I put this list together:

FAQ608-4650 Before Posting a Hijack log file - Best Practices
FAQ608-3482 How to beat your advertising popups & other browser nasties
FAQ760-4866 Beginners General Cleanup
FAQ779-5240 What are Good Virus/Spyware?Update/Firewall Practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back