Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php on IIS: problem tranfering variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

math

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
BE
Hi,

I've just installed php on IIS 5.1 on my Windows XP, but apparently I can't transfer variables between scripts... It doesn't seem to remember the vars :|
I don't know If its a problem with ISS or with PHP, does anyone know what setting or something needs to be done for it to work?

Here's a small script that works on my "FREE" webspace but not on ISS:
Code:
<?php
print(&quot;<HTML><BODY>&quot;);

If (!IsSet($name))
{
print(&quot;<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=$SCRIPT_NAME><INPUT TYPE=TEXT name='name'><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT></FORM>&quot;);
}
else
{
	print(&quot;Your name is $name&quot;);
}

print(&quot;</BODY></HTML>&quot;);

?>
[\code]
It's very simple and WORKS on my providers-space but not on my ISS... Anyone a clue about this?

Thanx in advance !!
math

maybe check the php.ini file and see if register_globals = On

what output are you getting? did you give all the right permissions to php.ini, php.exe, php4ts.dll, sessiondata, uploadtemp? did you tell iis it could execute scripts?

I had the same prob with PHP and IIS 5 on Windows 2000. Used kevinclark's fix and it worked! I've been looking for 6 hours straight on how to fix this. Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back