Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngnetworkadmin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2006
US
I need a really good toturial for installing php manually with mysql support. Any Suggestions. With that i could use a good one on how to setup mysql as well where i can have someone fill out a form on my website and then have it write to the database and then have a script that will update how many users have signed up. Any suggestions websites or like movie type toutrials would be great.

Thanks Alot in advance

it's not that hard, suggest you google for some instructions or look on php.net.
Also the app your wanting is the kind of base functions php will do so I suggest get a book or again google for something

Define "installing php manually". Do you mean installing from source code? From RPM or other binary package?

And on what platform. The instructions for installing on Linux are different than the instructions for installing on Win32.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions! TANSTAAFL!

As recommended, I suggest you get the manuals from php.net. I have both running well on my windows machine.

Simply install the PHP package (5 or 4.x). Then install the MySQL package on top. You will need to change the php.ini file and remove the ';' from the mysql dll/library extention. This will allow PHP to call the PHP/mySQL drivers.

Again, these are all covered in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back