Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php install Linux - bison

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantnrave

Programmer
Jul 21, 2002
GB
I'm installing php as a dynamic module on Mandrake 8.0 with Apache 1.3.27 already running. The
Code:
configure
bit fails with a message telling me that bison needs to be installed:- but bison is installed, at
Code:
/usr/bin/
. There doesn't seem to be a
Code:
--with-bison=/usr/bin/
option, but I tried it anyway. It didn't work.
It also says that it can't find output from
Code:
lex
. Is that related to flex?
I have bison 1.75 and flex 2.5.4a installed. I assume they are the latest versions, as they were the highest numbers I could see at the GNU site an hour ago.
Any ideas?

Okay: bison wasn't at
Code:
/usr/bin/
but had put itself at
Code:
/usr/local/bin/[code]. So that bit now works.

However, the [code]apxs
script/program fails. I have put the path to it :
Code:
/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
, which is the only
Code:
apxs
I can find. The installation notes say to not use the apxs version in the apache sources. Does this count as being in the apache sources?

The configure script fails with that message saying that perl might not be installed (it is), the
Code:
mod_so.c
might not have been compiled (it was) or that apxs cannot be found. However, it also says the apxs coudn't be succesfully run and then provides the apxs help menu - which isn't particularly helpful - suggesting that it has found apxs.
Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back