Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

php failed me, need some JAVA help...please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
I have a form I made in Dreamweaver 4 and the link is below.
What is the easiest way to turn this form into a MAILFORM, FORMMAIL?? I have been checking somethings out but the ones I have come across has all this other stuff in it and I am terrible with this language.
Any pointers or similar scripts I can mold around this???

Thanks in advance!!!

I cant really help you with your problem, but if your goign to use Geocities to host your site add

Code:
<comment>

to the end of your html, php, or whatever files and that should kill the add. It used to anyway.

i just posted it there just for this.

You'll need a server-side script that does form-to-mail processing. Get a hold of your server administrator and ask him/her if there's a form to mail script already available for your website.

If so find out what form field names the script expects and modify your form accordingly. Then set your form's action to the script's URL.

If nothing's available then bake some cookies and bring them over to your server administrator, and ask him/her nicely to if he/she will help you get something set up.

thanks so much, just wish i knew more, getting there, i got the php script to work because it was already working. just the hosting company was misleading in sales, i had to add php to the service for a price. oh yea, it supports php but did not include! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back