Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP conneting to MySQL give blank page on OpenSuSE 13.2 with MariaDB 10.0.20

Status
Not open for further replies.

appi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
CH
hello PHP Cracks

I just have a problem, looking many Posts in this an other Forum but nothing reported helps in my Box.
I opened a post in MySQL - not to post twice the same i will relink this one to here as well.

Post is thread436-1753060

If I could get any help to use my dev-box it will help me to work on it.
regards
appi

I just figured out the differences between the ASP and my side :

ASP : PHP 5.4.42
: mySQL 5.1.73
My : PHP 5.6.1
: MariaDB 10.0.20

Might this caught the problems ?
I just also tested that my connect to MariaDB works fine. I get back a connected if I ran

Code:
db->sql_connect ($dbhost, $dbuser, 4dbpasswd, $dbname, 4dbport, false);
if ($db) {
echo "connected";
}
echo "failed " . mysql_errno();
}

This bring back in Browser (Firefox & Conqueror)
connected
or if I set to !$db
failed 0

So the connect is established and I do need to find why my PHP sides does not bring back the informations from DB and scripts
I am confused even if this works on our Professional Host ;o(

thanks
appi

I just find the why .....

In one of the called php-scripts the error_logging is set to 0
This surpressed the eror I got
btw - this is the same on our ASP - so the function which fails has no error there

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bcdiv() in

And the code page which calls will be:

'T_QUOTE'=> ($spiele !=0) ? bcdiv ($row['quote'],$row['s']+$row['u']+$row['n']),1) : '0.0',
'T_GEGENQUOTE'=> ($spiele !=0) ? bcdiv ($row['gegenquote'],$row['s']+$row['u']+$row['n']),1) : '0.0',

Why this rais an fatal error now ?

regards
appi

Hi Boyz & Girls

Finally I found it. After getting the error message I could found out that on my box was a missing PHP Function.

A bit of investigation has led me to the root of the problem which was a missing php5-bcmath php extension to solve the error messages and get back my lessnmore shortener to normal I had to issue: - See more at:
After installing this function now it works - The errors now a minor and not critical
so we can close this
Sometimes it helps only to discuss or talk about it
Greetz
appi

Hi Boyz & Girls

Finally I found it. After getting the error message I could found out that on my box was a missing PHP Function.

A bit of investigation has led me to the root of the problem which was a missing php5-bcmath php extension to solve the error messages and get back my lessnmore shortener to normal I had to issue: - See more at:
After installing this function now it works - The errors now a minor and not critical
so we can close this
Sometimes it helps only to discuss or talk about it
Greetz
appi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back