Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PHP and MySQL support

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhohhelp

Programmer
Sep 12, 2002
CA
I am trying to install a package called TUTOS which is used for organizing teams (eg. calendar, contacts, schedule, etc). It requires apache, php v4 or greater, and either MySQL or PostgreSQL. I have them all but I keep on getting an error when I try to launch TUTOS cause it says my version of PHP doesn't support MySQL.

Do I have to rebuild or recompile to enable php-mysql support? If so how do I do this?

Thanks in advance guys.

Most likely you installed PHP from RPM and did not install the additional RPMs necessary to implement datbase support.

For example, in RedHat 8.0 the RPM "php" installs PHP with base functionality. But if you also want MySQL support, you must also install "php-mysql". Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

I have installed all the necessary rpm's for MySQL and binary files for PHP. I even started looking for rpm's that started with php-mysql*.* and installed them too.

Thanks,
Mike

It's been a while, but isn't there a phpinfo.php file somewhere or maybe a function by the same name, that prints out all the capabilities of php/Apache. Try that and see if mysql support is listed.

-Venkman

Yes, I am running Linux Redhat 7.3. I currently have these RPM's installed:

MySQL-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm
MySQL-client-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.3.6.i386.rpm

I have download php-4.3.1.tar.gz but have no idea what to do with it besides extract it using tar. I tried reading the documentation and all i ran was make and it looked like it was building a list of settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back