Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop thumbnail in Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiora

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
US
I installed Photoshop CS2 and now all of my Photoshop thumbnails in Explorer only has a PS icon. I heard it is because Adobe disabled them to make you use Bridge. Does anyone know an easy way to get them back.

No. File associations won't work, and Adobe didn't do it to force you into Bridge. My understanding is that it was causing problems that were tough to fix, and Adobe dropped it in CS. Check the web for possible solutions.

There are some registry hacks that say they give you PSD thumbnails in explorer. But haven't tried them myself, i mix between explorer and bridge - which i find deals with thumbnails easier

it's hard to convey five-dimensional ideas in a language evolved to scream defiance at the monkey in the next tree

Hi, are you sure to have activated the "maximise compatibility" in the >preference >file handling menu. Hope it helps
CeBe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back