Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop or Paintshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perlone

Programmer
May 20, 2001
US
I want make some 3D interfaces for some websites but I don't know which one I should use. I want to make it like those interfaces at guistuff.com. Which is the best software for that? Thank you for your time.

There is no Knowledge that is not power.
E-mail: projectnet01@yahoo.com
Company:(not done yet) :)
Status: Currently working with C++ for game developing. And making a musical band.
-Aaron

Had I quick look at and all that stuff you see there can be done in both Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. Personally I like Photoshop the best and I have been using in for several years now. It's your choice, it's might come down to cost for you. Take a look at my FAQ on online tutorials for Photoshop and see what kinds of things you can do with Photoshop FAQ229-1853.

Hope this helps!
colorado.gif

¡Buena Suerte!

Took a closer look at that site, & I really like some of their stuff. Most of that was created using Photoshop, if you sign up to be a member, you can get access to the tutorials and some GUI's and they download in layered .psd files (Photoshop Document files)

PHOTOSHOP RULES!

I have added that site to my FAQ: Adobe Photoshop Online Tutorials FAQ229-1853
colorado.gif

¡Buena Suerte!

I haven't used Paintshop as much as Photoshop but on my opinion Photoshop has a bigger community so you can get help and tutorials easier and it comes with Adobe ImageReady to put together website layouts. (like guistuff.com) ~PeloGFX

I will just throw one in here that I like very much and that is PhotoImpact you can get a demo from here

PhotoImpact 7 has the option to do 3D objects plus what they call Z-merging which allows you to merge two 3D objects to create a new shape. It is worth a look.:)

I have Photoshop, actually three versions and like it fine. But I wish there were more "cute things" tutorials for doing things like teddy bears for photoshop. I can look at the paint shop tutorials and translate most of them into photoshop facsimiles, but wish there were more cute ideas for photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back