Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

photoshop match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instructor
Nov 21, 2001
AU
Hi can anyone advise which is the best Photoshop version for PageMaker 6.5?
Many thanks.

hi,

The version of photoshop is not important for Pagemaker. It is important to save uour photoshop documents in the right way. Pagemaker likes Tiff as format the best. Or if you want to have only a portion of the original images use the eps format.

hope this helps
grillhouse

Not to cloud the issue, but as long as you're using Photoshop 5 or later, ANY version of Photoshop works well with PageMaker 6.5 ... the only reason I stop as far back as PShop 5 is that it has a full feature set for image correction of print-targeted images ...

Good luck,

Randy Hagan-htech
P.O. Box 15055
Portland, ME 04112-5055

email: help@RandyHagan.com

I use PS5.5 almost exclusively... no problems at all. More important than the graphics application that you use is the way you place files, and the types of files you use.

For best results and least headaches.. use only TIF or EPS graphics, and use File>Place in insert the images. Never never/paste images into PM, and avoid JPGs if at all possible for the best workflow. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back