Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop layer styles in Illustrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

C9Mouse

Instructor
Sep 26, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone would know if I can adapt Photoshop layer styles to work in Illustrator 10?

Hmm depends what you mean? You cannnot edit PSD layer styles directly in Illustrator but of course if your placed PSD image is Linked instead of embedded then you can always just go to Edit Original and make adjustments in PS and it will be updated in Illustrator. Is that what you meant?

No. Here's what I mean:

I created a design in Illustrator, made the shapes of the design, then exported the file to Photoshop to apply styles and embellishments.

My question is, the styles I applied to the shapes in PS, can I use these same layer styles in Illustrator? Can the PS layer styles work in Illustrator?

well, there are some that you can use under the effects>stylize menu in Illustrator. I only have 9 here at work and it doesn't have all of the options that PS has. i.e. bevel. Maybe there is a way to import plugins to get those, don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back