Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

photoshop files crashing indesign cs2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amidge

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
GB
i am using Indesign CS2, and when I bring in a layered Photoshop PSD file in indesign is fine, but I want to use Photoshop PDF files which are layered and when I try to bring them into Indesign it just crashes and quits out all together.

I am saving the Photoshop PDF file as High Quality. I have tryed various opionas in the High Quality settings but everytime it quits, also I have tried Press Quality and that's the same.

If I flatten the Photoshop PDF file that comes in ok, but I need to keep it as a layered file.

Can anybody help?

Andy

OSX 10.4.6 Tiger G5

Why are you using Photoshop PDFs instead of the native PSD file?

because of the workflow we use

I'm a bit confused, but maybe it's because we have different versions of PS. If I save as pdf from PS CS, I don't get the options for Press, etc. All I get is whehter to include layers, vectors, etc, and then whether to use zip of jpeg compression and the quality of that compression.

The only way for me to get the "press" etc is to "print" a pdf using my distiller settings. I don't know if PS CS2 possibly has "press" etc.

I tried to replicate your problem by "saving as" a layered pdf with vector data preserved, jpg compression set to highest quality and importing thar into ID. I had no problems.

If you're printing the pdf, you might try the "save as" option and see if that helps. If you can save pdfs with Press etc directly from photoshop, try trashing your PS prefs and see if that helsp. You might also benfit by trashing Indesign prefs. These are located in User/library/preferences and will read something like "com.adobephotoshop.plist"

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back