Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop enlarging my photos w/o help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimshades26

Technical User
May 10, 2002
US
I'm opening files that are 7kb and I want to do a quick crop. I open photoshop, open the little file and choose the crop tool. I pick what I want to crop and click it do that. Then photoshop's dialog box comes up with a progress for crop. Well the green line that in the past usually goes by in seconds is sitting there, taking up all memory. If I let it sit and come back in an hour I will find that it has taken up 40 gb of memory for the temp file it created for the crop. Then when the file finally creates is 40 gb. What gives? Anyone have this problem? I am considering uninstalling and reloading but if someone has a suggestion then I'm open. Of course in addition to this I get a scratch disk error. I've moved the location to my extra drive with 50gb of space left. Should be plenty but some reason photoshop is possessed and not with just one file. I've tried many. Thanks for you comments.

ss26

When you select the crop tool, have a look in the properties just under the main menu. Is there a width/height/resolution specified? If so, clear all those boxes and try again.

Thanks. Under resolution was 200. I don't when that got there so I thought is was a default. I feel so dumb. Thanks. That fixed photoshop from taking over my PC. :)

ss26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back