Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop/DW/CSS wierdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadruddin

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
GB
Hi.
My site sheffieldtrauma.com has a background image, not repeated, made in photoshop, and with a basic background of 204/204/255, or ccccff.
The page background is also ccccff, but there's a clear difference between the graphic and the background.
I KNOW I've had this before, somewhere, but has anybody got any idea how to get round this?
(And 'make it a transparent gif' won't really cut it.

S

What browser are you seeing this problem in? I can't see the join in FF3, IE6, IE7 or SafariWin

Steam Engine Prints

Looks good to me in IE6 as well.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Hmmm.
I've got it happening in IE7, not in firefox.
But on another screen it's OK in both.
Maybe I'm suffering from a very sensitive, (or just mis-tuned) screen.
Thanks anyway, S

I ran over it with ColorPicker ( and there seem to be a few isolated pixels in your picture at #CCCCFE. I guess it's your image compressor doing it's anti aliasing thing.

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back