Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop CS file issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrsub

MIS
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have a PSD file I saved for maximum compatibility that Version 6 can't open.

Even when I flatten the file as a tiff or jpg, the fill still won't open

so...

what are you asking/requesting?

-pmover

How can I open a file created with Photoshop CS on an older version namely version 6?

I was able to take the PSD from Photoshop CS, open in Gimp and save as a Tiff, and open the Tiff in Version 6. Not a fix but a workaround.

I would like to find a solution to this though.

How can I open a file created with Photoshop CS on an older version namely version 6?"

Was there a solution found for this?

I need to be able to open the Photoshop CS file in Photshop ver.6 on another PC with all the layers available. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance for your time.

<rant>This looks like a play out of the Microsoft handbook for forced upgrades</rant>

there's a bug in 6 that prevents it from opening some cs files. 5 or 7 work fine. as do other programs that do psd or other formats, as you've found. adobe has said they're not going to waste the resources fixing a program that's 2 versions back, so your options are keep working around or upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back