Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photoshop 7--Could not complete your request

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBtheFox

Technical User
Jun 22, 2003
US
I've been working on an image for a few hours now, and saving periodically, but this time, when I tried to save, it came up with this error message: Could not complete your request because of a program error.

I've tried save, save as, and even saving it under a different directory. It's also starting to do it now whenever I try and change the color I'm painting with... does anyone know how to make it snap out of this? I think I'm going to be sick to my stomach if I loose this image... Thanks for your help.

Have you tried saving as a different file format, eg:Tif?

Try to make a duplicate (Image>Duplicate) and then save this.

Other than that the only 'solution' to this that I know of is to close Photoshop and then restart.

It may prompt you to save the file when closing, and then may even save it!

This is why regular saving is soooo important! Make it a habit to save files in progress.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

If you're using Win98, you're probably running out of memory. Win98 & win98SE still had memory leak issues that causes problem like that.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

I occasionally had that problem with PS 7. You may not get to save it with all the layers, but there should be no problem saving a merged version (Image Duplicate merged layers only). Once you have that, you could try selectively duplicating any important layers from the first document to the second one and re-saving.

Hope it helps,
Sheri

Actually, It would not even let me open the 'save as' or 'save' section at all. I even tried to 'save for web' and it said it could not complete my request.

In the end I simply had to shut the program down and start from my last saving point. I reinstalled Photoshop and have not had any trouble since. Thank you all for trying to help, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back