Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photos not printing borderless

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissan240zx

Programmer
Jun 26, 2005
US
Hello All,
I am a real frustrating issue with my printer.
I want to print 4x6 photos without any border..I am corner to corner...complete....
But everytime I print photos...it leaves white space..

Printer Model - Epson CX3200
Photo Editing Software - PhotoShop 7.x
Print Settings - 4X6 (landscape or portrait), premium glossy paper.

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Have you checked the Epson support site? Maybe it's a known bug, and they have a firmware, driver, or software patch for it?

Also, have you tried printing from another program other than Photoshop?

I tried printing from Picasa and Adobe Album...everytime same results.
There is a settting on the printer menu to uncheck Borderless, but when I do that it says..something like this setting is not allowed for this type of printing...

I guess I need a new better...

Any suggestions for a printer model, which is in $150-200 range and does great photo printing borderless.

Advice

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street. - Doug Linder

Well, if you are that determined to fix the problem that you'll buy a new printer, I'd check around for some reviews, and see which you think is best for your application. has some printer reviews. As a matter of fact, I saw one not too long ago about multifunction photo printers, and a new hp model won out, if I remember correctly. HP has been a good stable brand for a long time, if not the most stable; so unless you have anything against hp (I think some people do for whatever reasons), I'd get an hp.

Here is the specific article showing the hp, an epson, a cannon, and a lexmark I think..

[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/17/multifunction_printers_call_the_tune/[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back