Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photo file format forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein47

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
US
I just got a Tunsten E for Christmas. I love it. I used the Palm Photos to add some shots I took of the family and it was great. Then I installed the Palm Desktop software at work and my family photos disappeared. Only the 3 default photos were back. So I deleted them and tried reloading my family photos at home.

No luck.

Not only is my Palm Photos albumn completely empty, but it won't let me add any photos. It gives an error message that the format (both .jpg and .bmp) are not valid file formats.

Huh?

So, I did a repair software. Nothing

Then I did a uninstall / re-install of the Palm Desktop. Nada!

I'm about ready to pull my hair out. So after browsing the Palm site and coming up COMPLETELY empty of solutions, I have come here.

Does anyone have any sort of suggestion for helping me get my photos back onto my Palm? I'll give stars to anyone who can even point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Einstein47
("Tribulations are God's megaphone to awaken a deaf world." - C.S. Lewis)

dID YOU TRY TO DO A HARD RESET THAT WILL SOLVE IT , TRY TO DO A HARD RESET WHICH WILL WIPE OUT EVEYTHING AND START AS A NEW ONE.

I'm still able to upload photos from my work PC - I sent and email to Palm and they gave me steps to completely delete the Palm Desktop software from my home PC. I'll try that first.

I'm thinking that the Desktop software is getting confused because both I and my wife use it, and we have different versions of Palms as well as Palm OS's.

Einstein47
("Tribulations are God's megaphone to awaken a deaf world." - C.S. Lewis)

do you have an sd card your your t|e? if you have, i recommend you to copy your photos to your sd card and use a photo viewer (e.g. acid image, resco viewer...etc, i recommend resco viewer) to see the pictures. palm photo is an annoying software. you have to add photos one by one and cannot see the photos on sd cards.

p.s. if you and your wife each have a different profile, then the palm desktop should be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back