Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Photo Editor Not opening properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKL22

Technical User
Aug 5, 2005
GB
Hi

I hope someone can help me with this query as I am very puzzled as to what's happening.

I have a user who uses photo editor to view and copy files into powerpoint. Basically when a picture is opened to view it photo editor opens on the start bar only and does not launch.
I have repaired it by removing the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Photo Editor\3.0\".
On reopening photo editor it works fine, but after the third time of opening it has the same problem again.
I have tried under another profile and it does the same, also tried uninstalling office 2k standard and reinstalling office 2k pro.

This is very strange and have no idea what to do.
Hope someone can help

Regards,

MKL22 :)

Hi there.
Is it possible to right-click the start-bar icon for photo-editor, and select maximize? I've had this with office 97 version, where it looks like it hasn't started, but actually it has...it's just minimized to the task bar.
If this is some other problem - many apologies.

Make the user a local Admin. There is a permissions isue in the reg but I don't have the detils with me at the moment. Making the user a Local Admin should fix it in the short term.

.hhhmmm what if user is already local admin setup?
Im gonna check the ms tech site and search..

Try the following...
Start > Programs > Microsoft Office Tools
Right click Microsoft Photo Editor
Select Properties
Select the Shortcut tab
Near bottom of dialog box, Run: Maximized
Apply and Close

NOTE: If "Run" was set to Minimize, try setting it to Normal window first and if that doesn't work, then set it to Maximize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back