Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones Ring Once before AA Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiemr3

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
Thanks in advance for any help in resolving this matter.

I have a customer with a Merlin Legend, which after I worked on it last week, all of the phones in their office now ring one time, then Auto Attendant answers. The phones should not ring at all unless an individual extension is dialed from within AA. The AA should answer immediatly, without ringing the phones. I am not sure what I changed if anything, that would have caused this. PLEASE HELP!!!

What version of Legend software release, what version and type of voice mail? What work did you do? Was the system "backed-up" before you did your work?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Do they ring on the OUTSIDE LINES?

IF so, set them to DELAYED (*36) and then you will no longer hear the chirp.

AND, if the AA fails, they can cover....

Hi, I forgot to mention that I am their telecommuncations vendor. But thanks to Merlinman I think I have my problem solved. I actually had two problems, #1 I have a SLT Extension (400) that is the operator ext. Their is no ext 400 in the office, but when you press 0 in the voice mail it rings to ext 400. I have 4 phones setup in the office that have a primary coverage button for ext 400. Somehow and I still don't know how, ext 400 was set to ring immedialty on all incoming lines. I set it to delay ring per what Merlinman posted, because if voice mail did not work or answer for some reason, I would want them to receive calls. This fixed part of my problem, but I noticed other phones still rang when certain phone lines rang in. So I went to each extension and checked ringing. (Customer has a total of six phone lines) Several phones had immediate ring programmed on either line 2 or 3 or both. So I set them to no ring (*35 I think is what I used) I have no idea how this occured, because when I left on Friday it worked fine. Could the battery in this system be failing??? This customer is moving soon and I would like to replace the battery at that time, as a precation. Where can I buy a battery, and what kind does it take??? Thanks again for the tip merlinman.

jamiemr3

I think it depends on the type of processor.

Earlier ones used Batteries, later ones used "SUPER CAPS" (capicitors).

I don't know of a replacement, but I'd be willing to bet someone does.

Check the processor type (CKE3, CKE4, Large System Processor, etc.). Most of the newer processors (CKE3 and up have two (2) Tolkin capacitors vs. batteries). The capacitors' lifespan is quite long - longer than most systems. They charge up within a few minutes and can retain programming info for weeks (although only a few hours are quoted). They can be had for less than $10 - check "Frugal/Google - just input the Tolkin capacitor name and voltage. If the processor is a Merlin II or very early Legend, it may have a rechargeable battery - that only retains info for a VERY few hours. They are soldered into the motherboard. One source for the older processor batteries is "
Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

See, I told you someone would know!

I would have sold an entire processor, shows what I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back