Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

phones on same loop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oned

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
3 seperate times now phones have stopped working. These 3 phones are on the same card. I have to move the phones to a different TN on the same card to get them to work. Could the card be going bad one port at a time? How do I disable the card and reenable? Should I reseat the card?
Anyone experience any similar problem?

not likely for a hardware problem to spread, but disc and reseat then enlc that card.. it would already be replaced in most switches.. if i didn't have a spare i would move sets to a vacant port on another card.. spares are cheaper then downtime

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks john. I disc and enlc and all is well.

give yourself a raise, and take the rest of the week off... have a good weekend

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I once had 5 or 6 temporary phones on the same card - each phone was the same DNs and programming. It was a one day event. It took 10 minutes before I had to spread them to other cards because some would not ring. I didn't think that would happen. but it did. at the time, rls 22 and 68040. single shelf loop even.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back