Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones not Responding and Error Codes on MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlos349

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2008
CA
We have a Nortel MICS with 12 analog business lines and around 25 handsets (M7310 and T7316e). Yesterday we had several strange events occur.

First I plugged in a T7316e phone. the phone booted up fine, and all the buttons worked but there was no sound through the headset or speaker. I hit F805 and went through all the tests, they all passed. After plugging it in and unplugging after about half an hour it started working again.

About 20 minutes later 2 phones did the same thing. Same thing happened as above. The phones were being used all morning and suddenly stopped. Switching the handsets didn't work. Set relocation was OFF.

Only thing I can see is the following error codes in the SYS TEST LOG "EVT247 S4" about 6 times and "EVT695 S4" about 64 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm new to Nortel systems and am kinda lost here.

Thanks,

Sorry forgot to add...

The error code "EVT247" from my research is: "247 An invalid channel related event was received." Which I don't understand. :p

But I can't find anything about the "EVT 695"

Thanks again,

The posters are gonna want to know your S/W level?

Adversity is Opportunity

Sorry my mistake, S/W ver 7.0 as far as I know.

Is there a way I can double check though? I found reference to Ver. 3 somewhere in the config menu but I am almost positive it's 7.

Thanks.

The software level should be printed on the card in the top left of the MICS cabinet.

Are these sets plugged into a station module on Port 4?

config/maintenance/version and post the SP code for version.

Is the problem one way path only where you can hear but caller cannot hear you or vice versa?

I ran into a problem simular to this once before, I can't remember the release but the problem was the ram cartridge. I replaced it and have not had a problem since. That was a couple of years ago...

The version is:

SP: 30DEC04 NAT

I'm not sure about the station module... but i'm going to say no? (Sorry I'm new to Nortel) What's the best way to tell? We do have a 0x16 Fiber module though.

Neither person can hear anything, but when you talk into the mouth piece you can hear it amplified through the ear piece. (Hard to explain, but you can tell there's power to the handset)

Thanks again guys for all your help.

To find out what port a phone is on, press feature *0 on that phone, the intercom button (will display extension #), then #.

If all the sets that are acting up are on the same module (eg: port 301-316 on mod 3), then that narrows down your troubleshooting.

30DEC04 Confirmed as 7.0 MICS

The reason I ask if station module is on port 4 is you may have a faulty station module.

Sorry I was out of town for the later part of last week and the weekend.

I checked and all the extensions are in the 1XX range. The one is on Port 126.

Thanks again guys.

Well, it's not a station mod issue, then. Those are on the main cabinet. Silver987 could have your cure, though I've never run into this problem before.

Was the problem only on the T7316e sets or was it on the M7310 sets.

It was on a T7316e and M7310.

What does the "attached set denied request for a B-channel" error actually mean to me? Does it mean the phones themselves are faulty or might it be some sort of connection problem? (Wiring, bad punch down, bad drop?)

It hasn't happened at all since then, which is really good. I'm just worried one day this will come back to haunt me, haha.

Thanks again guys, your help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back