Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones not receiving correct vlan and IP assignment question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rn4it

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
CA
Hi,
I'm having an issue with Avaya 1210,1220 and 1230 phones receiving IP's from the wrong vlan at one of our sites. We have 2 sites both using the BCM450, the switch configuration is the same at both sites cisco 2960's witch 2 vlans data and voice. Both sites are using the same IP phones and are receiving the DHCP scope from the same sources. Voice Vlan is from the BCM and data is from a local network device. Both BCMs were installed from separate vendors, so I believe there is something in the configuration that is causing it. The process for adding a phone is the same between both sites.
* at the avaya tone swipe finger across menu buttons and add admin password to register phone.
* 4 digit password to add phone and create extension. (The 1 site has auto generate DN enable, the one having the problem has been disabled)

Any ideas???

Thanks
John

Are the phones tagged in th correct vlan? Are the vlans setup properly in the switch?

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Yes switches are configured properly, they are configured identically as the other site which works fine. I'm new to this part of the phone system. So all I know is when I connect the phone and it powers up, when the tone sounds. I slide my fingers across the 4 buttons, enter a long password and the phone downloads the configuration from the phone switch. At that time it's on the right vlan with the correct IP. A few days later I notice that it's on the wrong vlan with the wrong IP. I've done this process a couple time to make sure. The other site, doesn't have this problem.

any ideas?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back