Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones go dead and show unknown status on NBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parked

Technical User
Jan 30, 2007
US
I have an issue that has stumped our vendor and apparently 3com so far. Since I don't know if this is a NBX or Switch issue I posted in the NBX area also. This is my first post on here so...

Issue:
Random phones stop working. Usually 10-20 at a time. About once a day. Displays stay on but they have no dial tone and are affectively dissconnected from the NBX. The NBX NetSet shows the Telephone status of Unknown for affected phones.

Steps taken:
Work around is to unplug and plug in the phone.
But eventually it occurs again.
No errors in status of phones, in NetSet, Nothing found in monitoring of 3com supervisor.

We had an issue of loosing audio and disconnections from the network. (pc's hooked up to back of phones). We RMA one 4500 switch, replaced two non-3com switches for total of 3 4500 switches. Configured as a stack but not resiliant as one of the gigports has to hook up to another switch.

All configurations performed by a 3com goldpartner on serveral occasions.

Hardware
NBX V3000 sw ver. R5_0_28
~40 Phones 3102 3C10402A
3 4500's 3CR17562-91

Correction to my hardware
3 4500's 3CR17572-91
3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 4500 PWR 50-Port Software Version 3Com OS V3.01.00s56p01
SW Ver : 3.01.00s56p01
Bootrom Ver: 1.01
Hw Ver: 00.00.00

And it appears they put out a new sw version on these YESTERDAY. maybe it will fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back