Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones dont IDU 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil209

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
US
My company has started a digital set inventory and we came across some sets that are connected and working but could not be IDU’d. When an IDU for that port/set is made you get the NPR503 error but if you go to the telephone it is working. I have been told that it is the firmware in the connected set, is that the case?

Phil

If the IDU test does not work on some old digital phones,you can test with LD 30
.xntt x x x x

OOOOPS
I should have said UNTT x x x x
I have some old 2616 phones that will not test with IDU, but UNTT works.

Phil, it also depends upon how old the model of digital sets your talking about are.

1st Gen Aries phones (M2616, M2008, etc) usually will let you know if they're plugged in or not (you won't get the info you get with IDU) by using, as BillCorv said, UNTT in LD 30 but they will not respond to an IDU.

The earlier digital phones (M2008, M2112, etc) and, if your system is old enough, the analog/digital hybrid SL-1 phones also will not respond to an IDU.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

You could also try LD 117 INV GENERATE and after it complets do INV PRT

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

That's true Ace, if his PBX has that LD option. But he still won't get a listing of the units that don't respond to an IDU.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

You never really know unless you try it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

ace,is right on the money if you run your inventory
it will tell you what is not responding that will give you
a list to start with.it will also tell you what the tn
is programmed as and what type of set is plugged in.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Just wanted to jump in. I have the same issue and I believe it involves some refurbed sets. tried the inv/ generate, inv/ prt and this is what I get. Am I missing something? (CS1000 4.5)

Thanks in advance!

=> inv generate
Usage: INV GENERATE <OPTION>

=>
TIM106 15:15 17/6/2008 CPU 0

=> inv prt
Inventory status:
Card file status is Non-existent
Sets file status is Non-existent
Locrpt file status is Non-existent

Status
Not open for further replies.