Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phones displaying wrong date today (Feb 29) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenmac

Technical User
Jan 30, 2008
US
All of the phones in all of my CS1000 sites (4 Release 4.5, 1 Release 5) are displaying the date as March 1.

The time and date in the PBX is correct in all sites.

Has anyone else seen this?

you can find the info at thread 798-1454770

Sorry everyone. I missed the earlier thread.

My site is having the same issue. CS1000M SG rls 4.5 W Time affects the IP2004 R2 sets. Digital show corrct time. TOD in the PBX and Sig Server are correct. If I disable the I2004 TN, then enable, or reset the IP set the time will momentarily show 2/29 then change. Firmware on the set is 0604DAD. Any ideas?

Sorry, was typing while other replays were posted.

Thanks,

check out pbxinfo. they said it was a phase 2 firmware issue and will correct itself at midnight.

mk

There is an earlier thread referenced above that explains the issue.

Basically, Phase 2 IP phones cannot display February 29. There is not a fix for this yet, but tomorrow the phones will display March 1 again.

If the phone does not automatically update, then you should lift the handset, and the date should update.

Leap Year Data format with Nortel Phase 2 IP Sets Show incorrect Date

Notice:
This bulletin replaces bulletin 2008008659.1. This update has
been issued to communicate some new information regarding
the issue.
BULLETIN ID: 2008008659, Rev 2
PUBLISHED: 2008-02-28
REGION: APAC
CALA
EMEA
GC
NA
PRIORITY: Major
TYPE: Bulletin
Reissue Reason:
Update
Background:
An issue has been identified with Nortel Phase 2 IP Sets where the Date can be incorrectly displayed on Feb 29th for
Leap Year.
Analysis:
IP Phase 2 sets will have a display issue of the Date Feb 29. The display of the IP Set will incorrectly display the Date for
Feb 29th. When the date should display Feb 29 the display has shown to display either March 1 or February 28. There
is no other operational issues identified with the IP Sets functionality other than the data display.
Phase 1 IP Sets and TDM phones have not experienced any issues with the display of Feb 29.
Recommendations:
Do not attempt to restart the phone or change the date on the system as presently there is no corrective action available
to have the date display correctly for Feb 29.
Required Actions:
Once the date changes to March 1st the IP Set will need to be taken off-hook and placed back on-Hook for the Date to be
updated If the display is not already updated correctly, after March 1st.
Attachments:
There are no attachments for this bulletin
Products and Releases:
The information in this bulletin is intended to be used with the following products and associated releases:
PRODUCT RELEASE
Phones & Accessories-IP-IP Phone 1110
Phones & Accessories-IP-IP Phone 1120E
Phones & Accessories-IP-IP Phone 1140E
Phones & Accessories-IP-IP Phone 1150E
>TECHNICAL SUPPORT
. TECHNICAL BULLETIN

This is a most excellent adventure...you absolutely have to love Nortel....

The Freakin Mayans invented binary math and the Canadians still haven't figured it out.

A Point to ponder, The Mayans had 1's and 0's but no wheel...the Romans had wheels and no 0's......

But they were made in China!!! RECALL!!!!

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I've always thought Nortel loved Zero too much. My lousy American education told me the first item of some thing should be numbered 1.

But you know them Canadians. First card...number 0. first port ...number 0. Then once in a while just to mess with us they start numbering with 1.

Well well well, brings back thoughts of MAX and March 15th and the HSL.
But I still love Nortel.

sporty2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back