Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PhoneManger over VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbomb01

MIS
Aug 16, 2006
US
We just upgraded from 3.1 to 3.2(55). We have some vpn users that use Phone manager to forward their phones to different numbers. But when we upgraded to 3.2 its not working. When the users log in they get a different IP, I have added the ip route for the vpn users. They cannot even ping the ip office. Could it be the firewall on the ipoffice. Can i disable the firewall on the ip office. I mean I dont see a use on our eviroment. If i delete the firewall will it mess something up?

you might want to run the new avaya firewall batch file.

Can you explain a lil more detail. What does that do and where is it located, Im kinda new to the ipoffice.

there is a firewall batch file in the programfiles/avaya/ipoffice/mananger folder. once you double click it, it will start running and opening the ports that are needed.

The firewall batch file will open ports that are needed for the PC to commnicate to the IP Office Unit.

In regard to Firewall in the IP Office... Do you have another firewall that you are using? If so you potentially have redundant firewalls and that itself could be an issue... If you have / use another firewall outside of the IP Office unit, then removing firewall from IP Office should be no problem. I normally do not use the IP Office firewall.

With no Ping there is definetly a network issue... once the ping is good then you can move beyond the networking issue.

Question - Did you upgrade the User Phone manager software as well? There is a new version of Phone Manager for R3.2 on the User CD.

Was not sure from your post if you just upgraded the IP Office firmware or you upgraded the User software as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back