Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone volume stays high 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

donovanZ

Technical User
May 1, 2006
US
Hello,

This might be a very simple thing to fix...just don't know how. Basically, the volume on the phone stays at the highest setting when you answer a call, or when you make a call. The phone is an Optipoint 420 standard and we are using a Hipath 4000.

I've checked the phone settings option by scrolling through the menus at the actual phone, and checked ringer volume and rollover volume to make sure they were set at a low volume. After I've set the volume at a comfortable level (low) it goes back up the next time you receive a call or make a call. I've also checked the Individual Key layout settings for the "Ring Volume" and it is currently set to "1".

I'm a newbie to this switch and so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question.

Thanks!

Try using the arrow keys to lower the ringing volume as the phone is actually ringing

When you set the correct level you need to tick to save it.

Tried the arrow keys and that only scrolls through the menus without changing the level of ringing. The ringing volume isn't what I'm concerned about though. It's the volume on the handset or the speaker if you choose to answer the phone call via the speaker.

I've also made sure to click the check button to confirm the setting for the volume...handset volume, not the ringer volume.

With a call established, press the "-" key to lower the volume on the handset. Then simultaneously press the "+" and the "-" keys. That sets the volume to that level for subsequent use. It's a bit tricky to press them at the same time, but that's how its done.

That's it sinner2. Pressing the + and - keys simultaneously did the trick. The volume stays at a comfortable level now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back