Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone tree using Voice Services Meridian Mail question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chnbmhit

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2004
US
with the help of prior forum support I created Voice Menu definition, where the Actions are CL. We only want to have the it ring at other phones, not necessarily go to voicemail (it should follow that phone setup anyway). In mermail menu, i chose 3,4,6 and created the voice menu DN 4043. Then in mermail menu i chose 3, 1 and created a voice service dn table and made it a MS service with the same ms id 4043.

then created an ACD and logged into the prompt maintenance with the service id and created message of choices as where to dial. however when i dial that 4043 it just rings continuously. did i miss a step somewhere?

what i don't understand are the two types: greeting or menu choice. can you please explain that please. i just need a message or greeting to say choose 1 for microbiology, choose 2 for pathologist.....

yes i did. i made the voice service a MS and the ID 4043.

What number did you ncfw the 4043 acd queue to? It should point to your main VM number.

Wow! as the guys at work would say' You the man! i say: thank you very much, that solved the problem.

the diff between the two recordings..greeting needs to be thanks for calling blah blah , press one for fred and two for ethel.. then IF you have an option to repeat the options, the second recording can be just press one or two.. you don't need to repeat the thanks for calling xxx

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back