Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone Speaker to Loudspeaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooperEE

Technical User
Sep 26, 2003
US
We have a Lucent Partner system with speakerphones, 2 Valcom PagePals, and 2 Bogen loudspeaker amps. The system works great using the Intercom*70 feature to make an announcement over all speaker phones and all PA speakers, but I would like to page the two areas independently (they are in separate buildings). The Partner ACS system only has the one Page Jack for simultaneous paging. Is there a way for me to also connect one set of PagePals and amps to the speakerphone at one extension so that when an announcement comes over the speakerphone it will also go out over that area's PA?

References:

Set the Page Pal to Station Level Paging, and use a seperate extension number to page. The Page Pal will answer the ring, and connect to the paging amplifier. Be sure to remove ALL lines assigned to the paging extension, and make sure it is not in any calling groups.

Or set the Page Pal to Loop Start, and use a spare CO port for paging. You can either assign a dedicated page button to the phones (actually a CO button), or use Intercom 6XX to access the paging trunk.

Thanks for the help. I don’t think I can use the first option since I need to use the PA system as an auxiliary ringer for an extension. Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with the Intercom 6xx feature either. Would you elaborate?

Ah, but your Page Pal also has an input for "night bell" which would allow you to loop the voice pair for the actual phone extension to it and get ringing over paging, and use another extension for the paging access.

However, what I mean by Intercom 6XX, is line pickup. Oh, and I mis-typed, it is 8XX. 8 is the code for specific idle line pickup, and XX is the line number from 01 to 24. So if you hooked CO port 10 to the Page Pal, set it for Loop Start, you would dial Intercom 810 to be connected to paging.

Thanks again. I tried connecting the night ringer and extra extension to the PagePal, but apparently I don't know the proper terminals to use to get this to work right. The ringer went continuously and the page wouldn't go through.

If you're familiar enough with the PagePal and know the proper connections for terminals 1-20 (plus the Bogen amp), would you mind posting them? Otherwise, I'll call in someone to hook it up.

Thank you!

OK, the amplifier actually has its own night ring over paging built into it. You can connect the Tip and Ring of a station to the terminals marked "Tel Ring" in the "TPU Input Connections Bay" (see the referenced pdf page 3).

OR, you can connect the ringing station to the Page Pal's terminals 19 and 20, marked "common" and "ringer" respectivly (see the page pal pdf page 3)

The connection from the Page Pal to the Amplifer is Page Pal 13 and 15 to Amplifier's terminals marked "TEL", and Page Pal terminals 16 and 17 to Amplifier's terminals marked "MUSIC MUTE"

The paging input to the Page Pal is through the modular jack, using the Green and Red (the two center contacts), and you will set the switch on the front of the unit to LS of you are connecting to a CO port on the Partner, or SA if you are using a station port.

Thanks Tom.

I was out of town, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

My ACS Page jack is connected to the amp terminals 6 and 7 right now. If I make the changes you suggested, will this area still receive system-wide pages made using Intercom*70? Does the ACS page jack need to be connected to the PagePal or Amp in this area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back