Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone set picking up first available extension 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skpnick

Technical User
Aug 11, 2006
US
I have an MICS system and I have a few phones that I plug in and they simply take the first available extension instead of having an extension programmed into them. All other phones can be moved or unplugged & plugged in again and they retain their extension. I would like to program these few phones to a particular extension but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - When the phones are plugged in and they've got an extension, they don't receive external calls to the full number (xxx) yyy - zEXT, but they receive internal calls to EXT.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Depends on the MICS version. If the programming starts with Terminals&Sets, then you need to go to System Programming/Change DNS and change the extension there. If it starts with A.Configuration, go to System Data and change the extension there.

I would suggest taking the system out of auto set relocation, reassigning port numbers really screws up the numbering sequence on the block.

If you label your block with the port numbers it does not create a problem. We use set relocation all the time with our customers without a problem. They have to be informed of the do's and don'ts of it.

Regarding your PS....seems you have DID's and they require target lines programmed to sets.Might be worthwhile looking at proramming of a working set (line assignment) to get a grasp of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back