Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Phone rings once and goes to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpapalia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2017
US
One of my user's phone rings once and goes immediately to voicemail -- his voicemail.
This happens with internal and external calls.
His phone is not forwarded. I have dialed *73
His inbound route is correct
His ring time is set to default along with everyone else in the building.
I am out of ideas.

If the phone rings at least once, the call is routed to the phone - so this is likely just the extension's configuration. Take a look at the Ring Time value on the configuration page of the extension. Maybe someone set the ring time to 5 or 6 seconds...

Does the set have find me follow me enabled? If so, check the initial ring time and ring strategy as well as entries in the follow me list.

It was the ring time. After a recent upgrade his Ring Time was auto-magically changed to 4. He's back to "default" which is 25 and his phone is happily ringing off the hook.

We just went through an upgrade and it affected two ext. in weird ways. They happened to be the last two exts I created (about 6 months ago.) I don't know if that is a clue as to why they were affected. I follow a pretty rigid "to do" list when I set up extensions so I can't imagine making that mistake but anything can happen.

The other guy that had problems had voicemail issues. I had to disable and re-enable his voicemail to fix his issues.

All-in-all the upgrade was pretty smooth. But two weird issues is enough to make me want to review every ext. by hand. I'm going to resist that urge though.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back